nbvcgjfcjgfcvghbknlkjnuhvftdxstzaarwestxdrcftyvgybhunjimhbgyvtfucrdx

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Take a deep breath of life and consider how it should be lived.Call nothing thy own except thy soul.Love not what thou art, but only what thou may become.Do not pursue pleasure, for thou may have the misfortune to overtake it. Look always forward; in last year’s nest there are no birds this year.                                              -Cervantes

One advantage to fall is that the sun rises later. There will be days that I vehemently deny this, but today, yeah, advantage. 

Because when I left for class at nine, there was a golden haze as the sun peaked over the mountains.

Beautiful.

The air was crisp, bordering on cool, but fresh like the first bite of a new apple.

Delicious.

And as I walked I breathed in the clean air, feeling it sting my nostrils and it traveled down to tickle my throat before finally inflating my lungs with an invigorating burn.

Proof that I am alive. Also, that I am blessed.

“This is the life I wanted,” my mind whispered, and I felt my heart clench quietly at the thought.

I am at a place I dreamed of and struggled toward. I reached my big picture.

And now, God is working out all the details.

Today I’m okay with that - with the not knowing what’s next.

Tomorrow may be a different story.

Probably.

But it’s nice sometimes to have your perspective shift to something bigger than yourself, and then have it turn right back around and shine new light on your place in the world.

So describes my morning.

And in case you’re curious, the word “cookies” pretty much covers my afternoon.

Some good things are less eloquent than others.